Did you hear about, or perhaps attend Star Wars Day Toronto 2011? Well the SWD committee and I are working on the festivities for 2012! We are totally stoked and have included opportunities every step of the way to get YOU involved! These developments will be released fairly quickly so stay tuned to:
For all the details on new contests as they develop. Advance tickets go on sale March 9th regular admission 15$ kids 10$. For now check out this super cool poster contest:
Calling all Artists & Designers! The 2nd annual Star Wars Day Toronto is happening May 4, 2012 at Toronto Underground Cinema and we are searching the galaxy for this year’s official poster!
The creator of the official poster will receive $250 and a prize pack containing Star Wars-themed goodies from our sponsors.
To enter, familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines below, and then submit your design to StarWarsDayTO@gmail.com
Here are the SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
- Your poster design needs to include the following information: the title (Star Wars Day Toronto), the date (Friday May 4, 2012), time (7pm), location (Toronto Underground Cinema, 186 Spadina Ave), website (StarWarsDayTO.com), and Twitter plug (Follow us on Twitter! @StarWarsDayTO).
- You need to submit two copies of your entry: a print-ready PSD (leave all layers intact) and a screen-res version for display on the web.
- Your print-ready file needs to be an 11” x 17” poster (portrait orientation) with full bleed for a final image size of 11.5” x 17.5”, 300 dpi.
- Your screen-res file needs to be 72 dpi, and the file size needs to be less than 4 megabytes.
- Original images only! Do not use any copyrighted images.
- You can use our logo and fonts but this is not mandatory.
- Design your poster with an eye towards sponsor logos being added at the bottom.
Here are the CONTEST RULES:
- Submissions must be received by February 19, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- Voting will take place on the Star Wars Day Toronto Facebook page. Submissions will be posted to an image gallery and the submission that receives the most Likes will be selected as the official poster.
- Voting opens on February 20, 2012 and closes on February 29th, 2012 at 11:59pm EST.
- Winner will be announced on the Star Wars Day Toronto website and Facebook page on March 2, 2012.
- Winners are determined and prizes are awarded at the discrection of the Star Wars Day Toronto organizing committee. Their decision is final.
- Winner grants exclusive, worldwide rights to the Star Wars Day Toronto organizing committee to use their design for any purpose.
- Prize will be awarded at Star Wars Day Toronto - if the winner cannot be there for any reason, arrangements will be made to award their prize after Star Wars Day.
- Submissions will be disqualified if they contain elements under copyright or images or fonts that are rights managed.
- Prizing must be accepted as offered and Star Wars Day Toronto organizers reserve the right to change, vary, substitute or otherwise alter the contest format, process or prizing.